Monday, June 16, 2008

Some things I wanted to say...

1. Hi, Jeffrey! And bye, I guess... Do good at the academy. I'm sure you will anyway, but I might as well wish you good things. Then I'm on the winning side, right? Also, thanks for the 200 pesos. I'll probably buy you something and hold it until thanksgiving, so be ready.

2. Hi, Allyson! I think you're awesome. I wanted you to know that, and tell you that the whole team is praying for you. We love you, and we'll all hang out when we get back or something, okay? Get well, keep up your strength, and we're all behind you.

3. Hey, mom. I forgot my sleeping bag, and if you already found out, I'm sure you worried about it and dearly hoped that I had found something to sleep on. Well, I did, we bought stuff at Walmart. I wanted to let you know that (so you could stop worrying) and tell you and the rest of the family that I love you guys.

4. To America, I just wanted to let you know that I don't really miss you. Mexico is different, but not wrong. I'll be glad to get back when the time comes, but for now, I'm perfectly happy being where I am. Try not to miss me, okay?

And last, but not in any aspect whatsoever the least,

5. To God, thank you for this trip, and the Mexican people, and your goodness, and Spanish 2 Class, and confidence. At least the little I seem to be able to conjure up.

-Ian


(Also, Steph F. wants her dad to know that she didn't forget on Father's Day, but had no chance to call. And that she thinks she is turning into her mother because she drank coffee the other day and really liked it.)

(And everyone else loves their dads more than they can adequately communicate, too.)

1 comment:

zeekreed said...

I did wonder about the sleeping bag, glad to hear you found (bought) something to sleep on.
God bless you all!