Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A word from Megan...

Today started out really great! I was working with a team at Roberto’s church painting. We were trying to finish up what we started yesterday and I had a great time working with Anna. After we got our lunch break Anna and I only worked about another hour and we were done. We waited for something to do and Chewy (an awesome Mexican man) came and took half our team to the mission called Revoluccion. Once we were there we once again had nothing to do. We just sat around which isn’t unusual for our trip. I started to doze in my chair on the back patio, and I knew in the front room there were benches that I could lay down on. I then decided to go into the other room. As I got up and went inside I forgot there was a step down to get into the church. Needless to say I fell on my ankle. They think I probably sprained it, so you can all be praying for me! It was definitely an exciting day for me. I’m really thankful for everyone who helped me through the rest of the evening. I was especially thankful for Tyler who carried me up to the roof and Ben who bought me down. The surrounding mountains of the city are absolutely gorgeous, and one of my favorite things on the trip. We brought a guitar up there and a few of us just sang some songs. It was so awesome! I guess that’s it from me. See you when I get home!

-Megan Sivcovich

No comments: