Thursday, June 21, 2007

A word from Al

Before the internet rumors run rampant. Al is not dead, nor in comma somewhere in Mexico. Stay tuned for details. I hope that you have enjoyed reading the blogs, I know that the few that I have had time to read were really good, and some of the pictures help paint a picture of the trip. Thank you for your support and your prayers! The experience down here in Mexico is both a blessing and a challenge. Blessing because you see what Gods people are doing, often by faith that God will meet their needs. Blessing because the people of Mexico are very friendly and are warm and inviting. Challenge because of the ministry that this church is doing with fewer people and fewer pesos (dollars), we are called to reach people with the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ, everywhere! (Stepping down from the pulpit) Ok so here is some info to clear up for all the concerned mothers out there.
Al's Accidente - Last Saturday, as we were finishing up at the VBS in Santa Adiliada I was talking to Luis Enrique Rodriguez at the corner store (picture a very rural community - with dirt roads). As I giving some CD's that I had brought for him, I was clipped by a car that had drove up to the side of the road by the store. I am very thankful that the car was not going very fast and that it only clipped me, I spun around and I got some bruises from it. I had on a bracelet and the clip dug into my wrist and needed a band aid. Other than that it sure has become a great starter for conversations (my wife does not think so).
Lizzies Story - The mayor of the city of Monterrey was coming through that area of town, so Police were blocking off traffic, and helicopters were circling, it was chaotic for a time, welcome to Mexico. A few people got out of the vans and stayed at the mission with one of the local pastors (who speaks good english)
PRAY FOR FRIDAY - We are scheduled to go into the mountains for 1 day, but this whole week it has rained and rained, so it is up in the air whether we go or not. I will write more but tonight it is late. Adios Amigos!

1 comment:

zeekreed said...

Thanks for clearing things up, Al!
I pray for you all many times a day!